Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Eggs and Hash!

On my journey to rediscover whole foods I had to rediscover breakfast. I don't purposely eat breakfast......ever. Water upon waking and coffee, maybe an occasional smoothie or I'll snack on whatever I made the littles for breakfast but being in the dumpy doldrums means I'm usually lacking in motivation when taking care of myself.

I've really, really enjoyed eating breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day and I'm such a hypocrite for saying so because while I push that upon my children I don't follow through! Well, I used to not follow through, I'm a born again breakfast lover.

I've included two of my latest breakfast creations, eggs and hash!


 
What you'll need::
 
2 eggs, 2 chicken sausages, 3 kale leaves, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 onions, 1 clove of garlic,  1/2 an avocado, splash of balsamic vinegar,  olive oil and seasonings to taste (salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, whatever you like)
 
What you'll do::
 
1. Juliene your peppers, onion, and mince your garlic. Saute them with the sausage (cut any way you prefer) and olive oil about 5-7 minutes. Season now with your choice of seasonings.
 
2. Tear up your kale and put with the sauteed veg. Splash the balsamic vinegar around and add a bit more seasoning to the pan and stir. Cover and let steam up a bit. Stirring every now and again until sausage is cooked through and veggies are done.
 
3. Remove veg from pan and put on your plate.
 
4. Crack your eggs into the same pan (adding a bit of olive oil to keep them from sticking).
 
5. Cook your eggs any way you like. I did over easy eggs this time around.
 
6. Serve your eggs over the veg and sausage hash with a side of melon or other fruit and avocado!
 


 
This breakfast was simply heavenly and kept me going for a long, long time.
 
What you'll need::
 
2 eggs, a fillet of smoke salmon, 8-10 Brussels sprouts, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 small onion, 1 clove of garlic, olive oil and your choice of seasoning.
 
What you'll do::
 
1. Cut up your Brussels sprouts into thirds (roughly) and saute with the olive oil and seasonings.
 
2. Dice your onion and sweet potato and mince the garlic and toss them in the pan with the sprouts. Lightly season again. Cover and let steam, add a bit of water if they begin to stick to your pan.
 
3. Once the veg is cooked through, remove from pan and put on your plate.
 
4. Whisk your eggs and season. Using the same pan as the veg, scramble your eggs and add the salmon.
 
5. Plate your eggs next to the hash with a side of whatever fruit you have on hand!
 
Breakfast of Champions.......x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...